Senior Accountant / Bilingual in Spanish Remote USA
--Fair Trade Outsourcing--
Fair Trade Outsourcing (“FTO”) is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will possess a wealth of experience in accounting and auditing, as is well-versed in GAAP and IFRS, advanced MS Excel skills including formulas, VLOOKUPs, and pivot tables, and exceptional analytical abilities with meticulous attention to detail are a must.
In this critical role, you will coordinate with accounting teams on four continents. Reporting directly to the company’s Global Controller, you will work closely to manage the company’s global finances.
Responsibilities & Goals
- Prepare general ledger entries and ensure the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts. Drive a month-end close process to be in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ensure reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, and income statement accounts, including cash, revenue, FX gain/loss, and prepare consolidated financial statements and workbook for management.
- Responsible for the consolidation of all FTO subsidiaries into an offline excel based consolidation report, including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements, and providing first level variance review of US and Mexico results.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of statutory reports.
- Assist in answering accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Manage continuous process improvement to help drive efficiency and accuracy of the financials.
- Assist with the preparation of all investor and external reporting.
- Assist with external audit requests and PBC items.
- Shall formulate strategies and continuously improve programs, systems, and policies in implementing, analyzing, and reporting financial data and strategic position to efficiently run the business operation.
- Provide operational management support specifically in implementing overall strategic plans, strengthening internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Attends meetings with internal and external parties.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances then verifies posted accounting ledgers.
- Oversee proper documentation and procedure related to general ledgers, and generating consolidated financial reports (I/S, Balance Sheet, COS)
- Facilitate communication/resolution of accounting issues related to all facets of activities.
- Support the year-end close and the annual audits.
- Perform ad hoc projects, analysis and data extractions as assigned
At least 8-10 years of accounting experience showing progression of breath and depth of technical accounting.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
3+ years of supervisory experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
Advanced & thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks
Experience with other ERP systems (i.e. Netsuite, Oracle, SAP)
Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
Bilingual in Spanish