1. ________ you learn to swim, you cannot go on this trip. The appropriate subordinating conjunction to complete the sentence is __________.*
2. You do not look good in ______ the blue sweater _______ the yellow. To complete the sentence which correlative conjunction is appropriate?*
3. Most police trainees _____ to work in the morning.*
4. Can I drop _____ your house later to drop _____ the things you left at my apartment?*
5. The answer sheets of the trainer ____ incredibly messy.*
6. It was _______ to see a police car outside the house this morning.*
7. Seeing your sister ______ the first time, made her cry in happiness. She wasn't able to react.
8. Bread and chocolate ________ my favorite snack.*
9. What they talked about was just between ___________.*
10. No Eating and Littering ______ allowed.*
11. The information clerk stays ______ the phone most of the time.*
12. Technology _______ dramatically in the twenty-first century.*
13. By the time I graduate, my sister ______ law for five years.*
14. Which is the best sentence?
15. George memorized the speech________.*
16. My mentor gave me some _____ advice.*
17. You and your twin sister appear exactly _______.*
18. How many years is it ________ you started your business?*
19. What time did she ____ up?*
20. Every woman, man, or child ______ the right to live.*
21. I have a very important English test tomorrow. I will study hard today and I am sure before I go to bed I ____________ all the verb tenses.*
22. He always gets what he wants _______ explaining very well the reason for his request.*
23. The views from the hotel window were absolutely ______.*
24. He is good ______ baking cakes.*
25. If I had wanted to go to the concert, I ___________the tickets.*
26. The doctor recommended my sister to eat healthier and ______.
27. Two hours of rest ______ all that we need in this recipe.
28. I am currently working _____ Fair Trade Outsourcing as a Customer Service Representative*
29. I would avoid the boss today if I were you, because he's been very _______.
30. They ______ the first floor of the building working right now.*
1) Islamic State of Iraq and Syria officially known as the Islamic State is a Salafi jihadist militant group that follows a fundamentalist, Salafi doctrine of Sunni Islam. ISIS gained global prominence in early 2014 when it drove Iraqi government forces out of key cities in Western Iraq, followed by its capture of Mosul. The group has been designated a terrorist organization by the United Nations. ISIS is widely known for its videos of beheadings and other types of executions of both soldiers and civilians, including journalists and aid workers, and its destruction of cultural heritage sites. The United Nations holds ISIS responsible for human rights abuses and war crimes. ISIS also committed ethnic cleansing on a historic and unprecedented scale in northern Iraq. In July 2017, the group lost control of its largest city, Mosul, to the Iraqi army. Following this major defeat, ISIS continued to lose territory to the various states and other military forces allied against it, until it controlled no meaningful territory by November 2017. U.S. military officials and simultaneous military analyses reported in December 2017 that the group retained a mere 2 percent of the territory they had previously held. On 10 December 2017, Iraq's Prime Minister said that Iraqi forces had driven the last remnants of the Islamic State from the country, three years after the militant group captured about a third of Iraq's territory.
1. What event marked the global prominence of SIS? 1pt*
2. What is ISIS’s major defeat in 2017? 1pt*
3. What is your stance about terrorism? (Essay) 3pts.*
4. Search Engine Optimization a.k.a SEO is vital for a website to stay successful for a long time. The world of the internet continues to evolve so website owners must stay in the game by making updates while practicing effective SEO. Great content and correct SEO are the blood of a website because, without them, a site could die. The paragraph is mainly about what?*
5. Many people who have come close to death from drowning, cardiac arrest, or other causes have described near-death experiences—profound, subjective events that sometimes result in dramatic changes in values, beliefs, behavior, and attitudes toward life and death. These experiences often include a new clarity of thinking, a feeling of well-being, a sense of being out of the body, and visions of bright light or mystical encounters. Such experiences have been reported by an estimated 30 to 40 percent of hospital patients who were revived after coming close to death and about 5 percent of adult Americans in a nationwide poll. Near-death experiences have been explained as a response to a perceived threat of death (a psychological theory); as a result of biological states that accompany the process of dying (a physiological theory); and as a foretaste of an actual state of bliss after death (a transcendental theory). 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐?*
6. Read the paragraph and answer the item that follows. "My concept of inner peace came from my mother's daily activities which I now recall with fondness and awe. She was a full-time housewife wholly dependent on my father's monthly salary. How she made both ends meet, guided us in our studies, and did small acts of charity on the side was beyond me. " The mother's financial resources are____________.
7. What is the passage about? * (Audio passage) (2 points)
1. You are in Central Time and you want to go to Pacific Zone.
Central Time is 4 PM. What's the timezone in Pacific Zone?*
2. You are in Eastern Time and you want to go to the Pacific Zone.
Eastern Time is 7 PM. What's the timezone in the Pacific Zone?*
3. You are in Mountain Time and you want to go to Eastern Zone.
Mountain Time is 3 AM. What's the timezone with travel time in Eastern Zone?*
4. You are in Pacific Time and you want to go to Eastern Zone.
Pacific time is 11 AM. What's the timezone with travel time in Eastern Zone?*
5. You are in Eastern Time and you want to go to the Mountain Zone.
Eastern Time is 10 AM. What's the timezone with travel time in Mountain Zone?*