1. Have you _____ to the tacos?*
2. Danialla ________ an instructor, but now she is a painter.*
3. ________, her mom visited her at her apartment.*
4. The lady in red, who is teaching English to the students, ______ the mother of my best friend.*
5. The care facility for ______ is due to open next year.*
6. You look attractive in ______ the blue sweater _______ the yellow. To complete the sentence which correlative conjunction is appropriate?*
7. ________ you learn to swim, you cannot go on this trip. The appropriate subordinating conjunction to complete the sentence is __________.*
8. I chatted ____ yesterday.*
9. Everybody congratulated him _______ his wedding day.*
10. They told me it ________ explode today.*
11. No shouting and eating ______ allowed in the library.*
12. Technology _______ dramatically in the twenty-first century.*
13. She's the CEO ______ company is very successful.*
14. Which is the best sentence?*
15. Either the employer or the employees ______ to follow the law.
16. Singing in the theater and dancing ballet______ my favorite things to do.*
17. You and your twin sister appear exactly _______.*
18. How many years is it ________ you started your business?*
19. What time did she ____ up?*
20. Every woman, man, or child ______ the right to live.*
21. The doctor recommended eating healthier and ______.*
22. I am not _____ this movie?*
23. I need to concentrate _____ my task batching and organizing today.*
24. He is good ______ baking cakes.*
25. Five kilos of chicken ______ all that we need in this recipe.*
1. The Midwest is experiencing its worst drought in 15 years. Corn and soybean prices are expected to be very high this year. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒅𝒐?*
2. Last summer, we decided to spend our vacation at the beach because the weather was very hot in the mountains. The travel agent said that traveling by bus was the cheapest way, but we went by plane because it was faster. We wanted to have more time to spend at the beach. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. We decided to go to the beach because_________.*
3. The country of Mexico is the third-largest nation in terms of land area, and the second-largest nation in terms of population in North America. As of 2006, Mexico's population was well over100,000,000 people. Mexico is located south of the United States and north of the nations of Belize and Guatemala. The Rio Bravo (called the Rio Grande in America) forms much of the border between the United States and Mexico. Spanish is the official language of Mexico. Did you know that many of our words such as a tornado, tomato, taco, armadillo, and banana come from the Spanish language? In fact, much of our land came from Mexico too. The states of Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Colorado, California, and Arizona were all part of Mexico before the Mexican War.
1. According to the passage above, what are the states mentioned which were parts of Mexico before the Mexican war?
4. Mexico is located in the north of the nations ________ and ________. What are the two nations mentioned above?*
5. Many people who have come close to death from drowning, cardiac arrest, or other causes have described near-death experiences—profound, subjective events that sometimes result in dramatic changes in values, beliefs, behavior, and attitudes toward life and death. These experiences often include a new clarity of thinking, a feeling of well-being, a sense of being out of the body, and visions of bright light or mystical encounters. Such experiences have been reported by an estimated 30 to 40 percent of hospital patients who were revived after coming close to death and about 5 percent of adult Americans in a nationwide poll. Near-death experiences have been explained as a response to a perceived threat of death (a psychological theory); as a result of biological states that accompany the process of dying (a physiological theory); and as a foretaste of an actual state of bliss after death (a transcendental theory). 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒚 𝒑𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐?*
1. You are in Central Time and you want to go to Pacific Zone.
Central Time is 4 PM. What's the timezone in Pacific Zone?*
2. You are in Eastern Time and you want to go to the Pacific Zone.
Eastern Time is 7 PM. What's the timezone in the Pacific Zone?*
3. You are in Mountain Time and you want to go to Eastern Zone.
Mountain Time is 3 AM. What's the timezone with travel time in Eastern Zone?*
4. You are in Pacific Time and you want to go to Eastern Zone.
Pacific time is 11 AM. What's the timezone with travel time in Eastern Zone?*
5. You are in Eastern Time and you want to go to the Mountain Zone.
Eastern Time is 10 AM. What's the timezone with travel time in Mountain Zone?*
6. What is the capital of Mississippi?
7. What is the capital of New York?
8. What is the capital of Michigan?
9. What is the capital of Rhode Island?
10. What is the capital of Rhode Island?